To celebrate a rare sunny day of a mostly rainy English summer, we went Strawberry Picking at Garsons Farm in Esher… Came home with enough fresh juicy strawberries to feed a whole street.
After having fresh strawberries with cream and tea, fresh strawberries on their own, fresh strawberries in salad, I decided to make Fresh Strawberry Tarts for a change… May be will make strawberry jam too if there are still strawberries left!
INGREDIENTS (Serves: 8 people as dessert)
- 1/2 a punnet of fresh strawberries
- 1 box of Ready made tarlettes sablee
- 200g Creme fraiche
- 100ml Double cream
- 2tsp of Honey or 1 tsp of brown sugar
- Wash strawberries, remove stalks & cut in half.
- Mix creme fraiche with half a tub of double cream and honey or brown sugar.
- Spoon the cream mixture into ready made tartlets.
- Top with fresh strawberries.