Every now and then I have a serious craving for Chinese Breakfast and Chinese comfort food. Oyster omelette is usually one of my quick fix when one of these episodes occur. It is very quick and easy to make, not to mention the fact that it is also very delicious. This dish takes maximum 15 minutes to make and prepare. Here are what you need…
INGREDIENTS [Serves 2 as Main Course]
1/4 Tsp of salt
A pinch of ground white pepper
1 Tsp of sweet potato starch
1/4 Cup of cold water
1 Tsp of vegetable oil
4 Raw oysters flesh
1 Chopped spring onion
- Combine eggs, salt and white pepper in a medium bowl and whisk lightly.
- Combine sweet potato starch with cold water in a small bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Heat vegetable oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Add the oysters and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the egg mixture and cook until most of the eggs are cooked but the top surface is still moist.
- Pour the sweet potato starch mixture over the eggs, letting it run across the surface and spill over the edges slightly.
- Place the spring onion on top of the omelette.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and cover the pan for about 1 minute to allow the omelette to cook thoroughly.
- Carefully flip the omelette to cook on the second side until the eggs are set.
Ladle sriracha sauce over the cooked omelette and enjoy with a bowl of steamed rice…
PHOTOGRAPHER: Julia Jevzikova