Today I would like to share with you this simple but delicious risotto recipe. I just use whatever vegetables I manage to find in my fridge, but it turns out rather well. Although some stirring is involved, it worths the effort because it takes less than 30 minutes to prepare anyway, so a little arm exercise while cooking is not that bad.
INGREDIENTS [Serves 2 as Main Course]
1 Garlic clove
1 Pepper (can be any colour)
1 Punnet of chestnut mushrooms
2 Plum tomatoes
4 Sprigs of thyme
1 Pot of vegetable stock
1 Cup of arborio risotto rice
White wine, preferably Pouilly-Fume
- Peel and finely chop the garlic and onion.
- Remove the core from the pepper and chop them into 1cm cubes.
- Roughly slice mushrooms.
- Chop each tomato into 8 pieces.
- Remove thyme leaves from their stems.
- Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a pan over a medium heat. Add the garlic and onion. Cook until soft.
- Add the peppers and mushrooms. Then fry gently for 4 mins.
- Add a splash of white wine.
- While the vegetables are cooking, boil 650ml of water and dissolve the stock pot.
- Add the tomatoes, lemon zests, thyme leaves and rice into the vegetable mixture.
- Squeeze in 1 tbsp of lemon juice, pour in the stock and stir everything together. Turn up the heat and bring to boil.
- Continue to stir until the rice is cooked and the water is evaporated.
…. Serves in a bowl with grated parmesan cheese, and a glass of white wine… Enjoy!