Autumn is Pear Season and one of the best way to enjoy these fresh, aromatic, juicy fruits on a hot sunny day is to add them in a nice summer salad. One of my favourite recipes is this Goat Cheese, Walnut and Pear Salad which is not only quick and easy to make, it is also absolutely delicious… a classic combination of flavours and textures. Besides, this recipe works with either Baby Spinach as the main salad ingredients, or Rocket Leaves.
INGREDIENTS [Serves 2 as Main Dish]
1 Pack of new potatoes
1 Tbsp of Walnuts
1 Bag of Baby Spinach or Wild Rocket Leaves
1/2 Roll or 1 Small roll of Goat’s Cheese
Salt & Pepper
- Boil water in a medium-sized pot on medium heat.
- Wash the new potatoes then chop them in half lengthways.
- Once the water is boiling, add the chopped new potatoes. Boil them for about 12 minutes or until they are done.
- Drain the new potatoes and then run them under cold water for 30 seconds to cool them down. Set aside.
- Cut the pear lengthway, and remove the core, then slice them widthway into very thin slivers. Set aside.
- Lightly crush the walnuts and then dry them in a pan until slightly brown, approx. 2 mins.
- Mix the new potatoes in a bowl with washed the baby spinach or wild rocket leaves.
- Drizzle 1 tsp olive oil, a pinch of salt and pepper onto the mixture of new potatoes and salad leaves.
- Scatter the slices pears and browned walnuts on top of the salad.
- Crumble the goat’s cheese into little pieces then scatter them into the salad mixture.
…. Enjoy with a glass of white wine!