Gnocchi with Pesto
My quest for a healthier lifestyle for 2015 continues with another vegetarian home cooked meal. This time it is a simplified version of Gnocchi with Pesto sauce, which takes only 20 minutes to prepare. What is interesting about this dish is the combination of chewy deliciousness of gnocchi and the colours and smells of fresh basil, spinach and cherry tomatoes.
Ingredients [Serves 2 as main course]:
250g Cherry Tomatoes
2 tbsp Parmesan Cheese, Grated
4 tbsp Basil Pesto Sauce
1/2 bag of Baby Spinach leaves
1/2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Chop the cherry tomatoes into halves.
- Cube the courgettes
- Heat 1/2 tbsp of oil in a non-stick pan on high heat. When hot, add the courgette cubes and cook for 4-5 minutes until brown. Set aside for later.
- Cook the pancetta for 2 mins until crispy. There is no need to add the oil because there should be enough melted fat from the pancetta.
- Removed the crisp pancetta with slotted spoon. Keep the oil in the pan.
- Fry the gnocchi on medium-high heat for 8 minutes until it is crispy around the edges.
- Add the spinach to the gnocchi. Stir together until the spinach wilts.
- Finally mix the pesto sauce, courgettes, tomatoes and pancetta. Stir well.
…. serve with grated Parmesan Cheese and enjoy!!