All the recent relocation, travels and hectic work schedules have been taking a toll on my health lately. Not only do I feel dizzy all the time these days, but I also feel very low in energy and eczema starts to flare up again which is a serious warning sign that my body needs some TLC too. Usually, this means more regular exercises and cutting down on eating out because simple fresh home cooked meals are always the best remedy for my body.
So today, I am going to share with you one of my favourite pick-me up dishes which is very light but surprisingly filling, quick and really easy to prepare… Steamed leeks with Tofu and Pesto Sauce!
Ingredients [Serves 2 people]:
4 tablespoon of pesto sauce
75g of silken tofu
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
Freshly ground black pepper
- Trim and wash the leeks, then slice each one in half lengthway.
- Place in a steamer over a saucepan of boiling water. Steam for 10-15 minutes or until soft.
- Mix the pesto sauce and tofu in a saucepan. Be sure to break up the tofu with a spoon until it has a consistency of scrambled egg.
- Heat the saucepan with the pesto and tofu mixture. Bring to boil.
- Add lemon juice into the tofu pesto mix.
- Once the leeks are cooked, place them on each plate, then pour the tofu pesto sauce on top.
- Add black pepper to taste.
… and enjoy!